Work with us
The Queensland Museum is a dynamic state wide organisation that enriches the cultural, social and intellectual life of Queensland communities. Our diverse team of almost 300 people features scientists, historians, customer service staff, designers, conservators, administrators, photographers and librarians.
Why join the Museum?
- We are the custodian of Queensland’s natural and cultural heritage with a unique collection and respected researchers.
- We support work/life balance including flexible work arrangements.
- 36.25 hour working week.
- Generous leave provisions including four weeks recreation leave and ten days sick leave per year, and long service leave after ten years (pro rata for part-time arrangements).
- Generous superannuation (employer contribution of up to 12.75%).
- Salary sacrificing arrangements (conditional).
- Opportunities for challenging work, professional development (including study assistance) and networking.
Queensland Museum vacancies are advertised online at the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers site.
We encourage community engagement through a rewarding Volunteer Program at Queensland Museum & Sciencentre. Volunteer appointments include a number of key areas, such as Visitor Engagement, Administration and Educational Programs.